Monday, August 2, 2010

Dough Watch: Bread Start

It's alive!!

Last night I took my finished sponge, which was growing and bubbling with yeast action and added water and flour for the start of the bread. I did my first kneading of the dough before I went to bed and then let it sit in the corner overnight.

I came back to the kitchen this morning to find this lovely, yeasty, rising dough ball. I wish I could put some smell-o-vision on this blog because the dough smells...sour. Like sourdough!


I took my lovely, yeasty dough ball and added some more water.



Then added more flour to make another new dough ball. It's rising in the corner for another 8-12 hours.



I have a good feeling about this sourdough. I think it's going to work! I did, however, forget to save some of the starter sponge. Oops. If I like the final product I'll have to start over from the beginning now.

1 comment: