Sunday, August 1, 2010

2nd Refreshment, Sponge.

This morning was time for the next step of my sourdough bread. It was the second refreshment....of the sponge. I was saddened when I read the next step, which started by saying, "To start the bread...". I'm already four days in and I haven't even started on the bread yet, I'm still just making the sponge. Assuming the sponge is successful I can keep it going in the fridge and make unlimited sourdough breads with it and be able to skip the first four days of waiting.

I took out the ooey-gooey center, added water, white flour and mixed. I'm a little concerned I may have messed it up. I added the water and flour together, when I should have done just the water first and mixed the ooey-gooey center thoroughly in the water before I added more flour. It doesn't look very incorporated right now. Yikes.

Next step is tonight, when I actually start the bread. I think I knead some and then it rises overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment