Thursday, April 15, 2010

Wind.

I got my bike back the other day. I thought for sure it was totaled from my accident, but it wasn't. It needed the front end pretty much rebuilt, but it cost less to fix it than buy a new bike. I was kind of looking forward to getting a shiny new bike. But I can't complain; this one is only a year old. I took the bike out the first night to meet people for a birthday-karaoke celebration (no, I did not sing). It was great. It was just the way I remembered it being. It helped that it was night and the streets were pretty empty. I rode again during the day and it was not nearly as relaxing. Stupid cars. Anyway, it was such a great feeling to be back out there. I smiled when I heard the sound of the wind in my ears as I went downhill. I hadn't heard that sound in four months. I missed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment