Sunday, April 25, 2010

The ever evolving plan.

I wanted to share something today, but I didn't know what. Then I remembered my garden planner. It started off so neat and organized. I had my beds divided out by season, and an average 2'x2' area for each vegetable I intended on planting.

Now, it's gradually becoming an accurate representation of what is going on in my garden. And it's insane. As you can see, some vegetables have been pushed out and are floating in space until they become a reality. Some are a mess of individual plants like the broccoli and cauliflower, and some are an indecipherable mess of rows. I really can't keep track of these at this point. Which radishes were harvested and which are new sowings? How many rows of onions are there? They are all squeezed in between everything else and I can't see half the lines on here.


The planning application I am using has a nifty harvest tracker too, which as I continue to harvest things I will share. It should look pretty impressive by mid-summer.

1 comment:

  1. nice garden, liz! fancy program too. and to think, i only have a multicolored spreadsheet. it's still winter here so i'll have to live vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete