Friday, April 23, 2010

We're eating from the garden tonight.

Eating from the garden is going to start being the dinner plan in this house more and more often. The other night I made pasta with kale and just went out the front door to get my produce for the evening.


Yesterday, I harvested another row of radishes. These were much bigger than my pervious harvests; they are like supermarket-sized radishes! Next week I am going to start pulling spinach too; it's getting so bushy they are starting to block each other out from the sunlight.


Suddenly, I went from waiting for little seeds to sprout, to having 10 small radishes in a week, to next week when we will have fresh radish, kale and spinach coming into the kitchen. It's only going to get better from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment