Thursday, January 13, 2011

New Ride.

In the spirit of The Year of Frugality I have lowered my transportation expenses! I sold my car last year and became dependent on public transportation and my bicycle. When I got a job 25 miles away in the suburbs I started relying on the Vanpool. Now I am going to start driving the Vanpool. Instead of exchanging money for a ride to work I'm going to exchange my time. I won't be able to sit in the back and knit for a half hour in the mornings or do a crossword, but I will save $65 a month. Woo-hoo!



Plus I will have a new sweet ride I can use for things like picking up lumber for new raised beds without having to find a friend with a truck.

4 comments:

  1. Haa haa! That's awesome! I think that should be fun actually! If I didn't drive I'd miss it, but now you don't have the responsibility of a car, but the perks =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so fantastic! That's a lot of money to save! And I'm kinda jealous as I've been really wanting a commercial van to haul stuff around! :) Is it hard to drive?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm actually used to it already. I was surprised how easy it was to drive this morning and when I hopped in Mike's car this weekend (it's a compact) it felt really weird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome. My carpool buddies all have normal cars... this is much cooler.

    ReplyDelete