Wednesday, September 29, 2010

On traffic...

I ride in a vanpool to get to work now. It's not so bad. I ride my bike about a mile and a half to meet the group. We all (about 9 of us) pile into the van and ride into work.....way, way out on the edge of town. It's kind of like a road trip everyday, which is fun. This morning when we were sitting in stop and go traffic on the freeway someone looked out the window and realized that the person in the car next to us was a co-worker as well and on their way to work too. Then, they saw that another person on the freeway around us was a co-worker! And then I was struck with just how many cars there are out there making traffic. My office alone houses about 200 employees...even with vanpools and carpools I bet you could safely say 100 of the cars on the freeway every morning are due just from us. Let alone all the other Mega-Tech companies on the edge of town who employee multiple times that......and I was sad.

I really don't like cars and I wish they weren't such a necessity. I know they are going to be more and more expensive in the future. I like to daydream about my country cottage, a few miles outside of town, surrounded by trees and a steady drizzle. Then my heart sinks when I realize that dream probably requires a car, or better yet a truck. Ick.

No comments:

Post a Comment