Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Stuff I got done over the weekend.

I didn't quite get everything done this weekend that I had planned. But, I did:

  • Make a batch of yogurt (My last jar went sour so I had to buy a new starter from the store. Damn!)
  • Make salsa from homegrown tomatoes, onions and chiles (I had to buy the cilantro. Damn!)
  • Cat-proof the garden (I haven't been out to check yet, but I am assuming the garden is currently poop-free.)
  • Make spaghetti squash for the first time (it's really fun and delicious!)

There are a few zucchini left on the vine that I don't think are going to get any bigger. Also, with our recent heat wave (80 degrees) we've gotten a lot more tomatoes that are ripe. I meant to harvest before I left for work this morning, but, well, it just didn't happen. I also meant to make a Kerry Apple Cake this weekend from our last few apples, but, well, that just didn't happen either.

Next weekend it's time to pull up the cucumber vines, beans and peppers and put down some cover crop and cat proof that part of the garden. Maybe I can sneak another row of onions or garlic in there somewhere too.

No comments:

Post a Comment