Sunday, September 5, 2010

The pear thief.

I left the house on my run this morning and glanced at the pear tree to see how the pears were doing only to find I didn't see any pears on the tree. We've been robbed! Seriously though, there are a couple pears up high and a couple rotten ones left on the tree, but the rest have been stripped. Who does that? I would think anyone who would have a mind to need an entire tree's worth of pears would also have a mind to not steal from their neighbors. This is why I don't like living in the city – people are just awful. Can't I have a little house in the woods where no one will bother me and I can keep my pears?

3 comments:

  1. Sorry about your tree! That is just wrong. If it helps restore your faith in humanity though, I saw a random jogger stop and help a woman and her child in a stalled car and pushed their car off the road, singlehandedly. See, some people aren't awful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is nice. Our neighbors across the street were playing kickball or softball in the intersection the other night and took it upon themselves to break glass in several areas along the street and then just leave it there. Mike swept it up the next day. Oh, and there was that meth house the burned down a few blocks away this weekend....and that shooting down the way last night....maybe I just live in a crappy neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's horrible! Maybe you can put a sign up. Some people really may not realize that you were planning to use those pears? A lot of fruit trees in the city go neglected. You could also sit on your front porch with a bb gun!

    I like this sign:

    http://www.yougrowgirl.com/2010/05/24/stealing-plants-you-suck/

    ReplyDelete