Sunday, March 21, 2010

Goodnight, car.

I have been a slacker this last week. I even bought bread at the grocery store. But I have a good excuse! I swear! My brother and sister-in-law are coming to visit and my house was on relative alert. Not only relative alert, but the first members of my family to see my house and my first overnight guests alert. Sheesh. So, I bought a baguette at the store. That's the beauty of still living in the city; I have the option. I really did want to bake some bread for their arrival. It was on my to do list every day and every day it got pushed back to the next day. Oh well.


My brother is coming to visit me because he bought my car. They will be driving away in it in three days. It's my last three days of being a regular, car-owning person. I'm getting a little nostalgic, thinking back on all the trips to Malibu and drives through Hollywood and trips to the Oregon coast I have been on in that car. It's seen my life transform from requiring a car, and a nice one at that, to only requiring my own two feet. And I'm glad it's going to a good home, where it will be used and loved. Here's to you, car. Have fun in Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment