Sunday, March 14, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away.

I had a dream last night that I woke up and looked out my window and overnight my plants had grown to a couple feet tall, bushy and delicious looking. It was just a dream.


It's been a sloshy mess here in Portland the last few days. I have patiently sat inside and watched my radish starts get pummeld by downpours, hail and hours on end of drizzle. I am really hoping they don't go south, but my faith is wavering. There hasn't been much on the gardening calendar this week, but tomorrow I have a lot to do! I'm sowing more kale, radishes and spinach outside (so even if the guys going right now get rotted out or frozen, there will be another batch close behind), sowing the first outdoor onions, starting my tomatoes inside (yeah!), and starting some herbs inside, including cilantro and epazote. I'm excited about this one. It's a spice I have never seen in the store before but is apparently pretty ubiquitous in Mexican cooking. I'm hoping it will become my not so secret ingredient to really push my Mexican cooking over the top. In case I haven't mentioned, although I'm sure I have, I grew up in Austin and could eat Tex-Mex every meal for the rest of my life and be happy. Please refer to this blog: Homesick Texan, because it's like the greatest thing ever. I need to throw a party so I have a good excuse to make the queso.

No comments:

Post a Comment