Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving.

I spent the Thanksgiving holiday in Texas with my family. It was a nice visit filled with queso, rellenos, margaritas and breakfast tacos. I also got a couple runs in there too (thank God!). I'm back now and feel the need to make a to do list that I'm going to stick to. I've just been getting things done willy-nilly the last couple months and I need to get some structure back in my self-sufficiency dreams.

I made a large outline calendar of skills and accomplishments I hope to achieve that spans five years and includes things like "Learn to use sewing machine", "Make a soft cheese" and "90% vegetable growth" by 2013. This one might be a little out of reach, but I'm setting my sights high!

Anyway, I only have a few things left on my list for 2010 that I haven't done yet. They are:
  • Learn how to use sewing machine
  • Sew something
  • Research organic pest control
I can definitely track down a copy of my sewing machine model's manual and I can definitely research organic pest control. Actually sewing something within the next month might be a little much, but maybe I can try to make a throw pillow or something. Gotta keep on track!

2 comments:

  1. I got a good book on organic pest control. I'll have to find it so I can let you know what it is...

    ReplyDelete