Thursday, November 18, 2010

First Frost.

It's getting cold! There is a call for snow in the valley on Monday! Yikes! And my garden is sitting out there exposed. I don't have any sort of cold frame or cloche; I am woefully unprepared. I'm not too concerned about it though. Frankly, the winter garden is pretty sad anyway and I'm seeing this as a good not-so-scientific experiment to see just how long I can grow things here without protection. I think the kale and cabbage should be OK and they are the two crops that are actually growing well and I would be concerned about losing. In fact, kale is supposed to sweeten after going through a frost.

I'm hoping in the next couple weeks to make a real plan for next year's garden expansion and maybe even get myself a some cover built by next spring for early crops.

No comments:

Post a Comment