Sunday, March 20, 2011

Transfer.

I spent a little time this afternoon with my seedlings. I have a couple seed trays with 1" pots where I start all my seeds. Last year I transplanted straight to the garden from the 1" pots. I didn't realize until I got further along in the season that the starts would fare better and get larger if I grew them in a larger space. There just wasn't enough space for the roots to expand. So, this year I am starting in the 1" pots and moving them over to 3" pots once they get large enough in hopes of having heartier starts to put out in the garden.

I transplanted the broccoli and cabbage over to the larger pots. Grow, little broccoli, grow!!





The window is filling up now.





I don't know what I'm going to do when I get new windows and I lose my perfect southern-facing window ledges.





No comments:

Post a Comment