Sunday, March 20, 2011

First day of Spring.

I've been a little absent from the blog the last week, mostly because I haven't had anything of note to write about. It's still raining, it's still cold and I'm still waiting for my first sowing to sprout.

This weekend is Mike and I's anniversary. When we met, on our first "real date" we went hiking. I remember we had to take off our jackets half way through the hike because it was getting too warm. We ended up going to a jazz show in the evening and we rode our bikes. It was a cool early spring evening, but it wasn't cold. Last year we attempted to memorialize our first date by doing the same hike. We got caught in stop and go traffic on the way out because everyone was headed to the coast on such a beautiful early spring day. We ended up going to the Arboretum and walking around in short sleeve shirts. This year, however, it's still barely breaking the 50 degree mark in the days and the forecast is a consistant 10-day out call for rain.

Yesterday we had some unforecasted sun. We went outside and stood in it. It was glorious.







No comments:

Post a Comment