Monday, March 28, 2011

Busy.

We were busy in the garden this weekend. I'll post pictures soon. The little starts in the window are starting to get bigger and there are some sprouts outside too - peas, radishes, onions and kale! On the agenda this weekend was:

-Starting tomato seeds
-Sowing more radishes and spinach (two rows of each)
-Pruning the raspberry vines
-Buying seed potatoes
-Planting two grape vines
-A little weeding

Next up on the agenda in the coming few weeks:

-Transplanting broccoli starts outside
-Sowing beets and onions outside
-Making potato towers and planting the seed potatoes
-Building a proper raspberry trellis
-Weeding beds around berry bushes and rosemary. Insert edging to make it look nice!

The busy season is fast approaching. I'm feeling much more relaxed and confident about the things I planted last year like broccoli and peas. But I'm stressing out about things I haven't done before like grapes and potatoes. I guess it's all a learning experience and if something doesn't turn out well this year, I'll do it better next.

No comments:

Post a Comment