Monday, March 28, 2011

Green Chile Pie.

One of the "extra-curricular" activities at my work is a company cookbook. Ideas are being solicited from employees to make a cookbook with recipes, entertaining and etiquette tips and original artwork. My submission is a simple recipe, but delicious. My mom used to make it now and again and it's just melt-in-your-mouth quiche awesomeness. I give you: Green Chile Pie.

1 1/2 cup shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese
4 eggs
1 1/2 cup Milk (or 2 cups half and half)
2 cans whole green chiles (or fresh if you are so lucky)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
cilantro to garnish

Take the whole green chiles and slice them open. Fan them out in the bottom of a pie pan to make a "crust" of green chiles.




Layer the cheese into the pie pan.




In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper.

Pour the egg mixture evenly over the pie pan.





Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.

Garnish with cilantro if you've got it.





4 comments:

  1. Mmm, this looks delicious. I might have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurrah! So glad you posted this recipe, I was going to ask you for it- so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey liz! i dont have your email... if you want to email me at sarahkincheloe at gmail i can give you the info on the house :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Mom used to make this too. I have been searching for the recipe for years :)
    Thank you. It is in the oven right now.

    ReplyDelete