Monday, October 18, 2010

General Updates and Breakdowns.

This weekend was bathroom painting weekend! We have been collecting paint, towel racks, lighting fixtures and a new vanity over the last nine months and we finally took the plunge. There will be pictures to come. Not today....because the bathroom is still not done. I'll give you a hint. It ended with me crying and Mike and I drinking vodka. It was a rough scene in there yesterday. Hopefully it will all turn out well in the end.

It's getting colder around here. It was in the upper-30's when I left for work this morning, which means I should probably finally cut the rest of the tomatoes green. I keep thinking more will ripen out there, but this is the end. It is almost Halloween, after all.

Lots of my fall and overwintering crops aren't sprouting or are growing too slowly or got eaten by bugs. We definitely have a couple good kale plants and the cabbage seems to be doing well. But, I'm not holding high hopes for the broccoli or cauliflower to get big enough to flower. Sigh...

I am getting into garden planning mode though and making a plan for next year. Things I want to grow, where to grow them, things I need to build and things I need to learn. Even though this fall/winter garden isn't turning out so great I will learn from it and make sure next year is better!

No comments:

Post a Comment