Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Texas gardens, part deux

I had the chance to visit a friend's garden in Austin. I was really looking forward to seeing it, as she has also been keeping a photographic log of her garden's progress online. She and her husband just built their first raised beds this year and are having their first real garden. On my way over to their house, however, one of those legendary Texas thunderstorms rolled into town. I was hoping that I would get to see a thunderstorm while I was there. We just don't get those in Oregon. It rains, but it doesn't really storm. There is something awesome about seeing it go from blue skies to green skies in a matter of minutes. I remember as a kid looking across our yard (which was a pretty good distance) and actually seeing the rain line start at the other end and rush towards me. It's exhilarating.


So, one part of me was happy and excited to get to be in a thunderstorm, but another part was really sad because I didn't get to see the garden. As I pulled up to their house the first raindrops fell. By the time I got to the front door it was a downpour. I did see the garden from the window though, and it looked very nice. I encourage you to check out her photographic progress on her blog, KAJ Photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment