Friday, June 25, 2010

Apricots?!

No one knew what the fruit trees were on the lot when I bought the house. We knew they were fruit trees, but didn't know what for sure. We figured out the pear and the apple pretty quickly and I think we found some cherry pits on the ground around the cherry tree, and the last we assumed was a plum tree. It looked kinda like a plum tree and the plum trees at the Food Bank garden seemed to confirm this. They were growing about the same rate, in about the same pattern. So, we figured apple, pear, cherry and plum.


Well, as time has passed those plums aren't turning very purple. In fact, they are starting to look an awful lot like apricots. I do believe we have an apricot tree on our hands.



The cherry tree is really just about ready to start harvesting. We have been able to eat a few of the cherries right off the tree and they are pretty gosh-darn tasty. They aren't any Bing cherry.....but, that's OK.




2 comments:

  1. Oh cool on the apricots! Mmm cherries. I'm really itching to make a pie....

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is I'm insanely jealous! Nice find on that house! We planted a little apple tree in our yard, I hope the landlord doesn't mind when he gets back from vacation. We probably won't live here long enough to see apples, but you never know...

    ReplyDelete