Monday, July 25, 2011

Picture Update: July

It finally felt like summer this weekend. Two days straight in the 80's with sun and fluffy clouds. It was glorious. Nevermind that it's back to Spring rain and 70's temps now...

This weekend I got to wear a tank top and flip flops and sweat while I worked in the garden. With all this summer veg growing it was like it's actually the end of July!

Summer squash growing...




The first zucchini coming in...





Tomatoes plumping. They already look delicious...





Mystery squash. It sprouted from our compost. It is growing something and it looks like it may be a pumpkin? Maybe spaghetti squash?




Bees doing their thing...





Shallots! A lot of them didn't really bulb out much, but we got some really nice ones too...





I braided some of the garlic. I let the garlic dry for several days before I did the braid. I will not do that next year. The stalks were really hard to manipulate. I should have braided it the first day and let it dry like this. Live and learn...





Mmmm...garlic...



2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! And you said your garden wasn't producing... that all looks delicious. I can't wait to find out what your mystery squash is :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, look at that garlic! Your stuff looks great!

    ReplyDelete