Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Cherry Mousse.

I got around to doing something with our cherries the other day. I made a big bowl of cherry mousse! It was quite simple, although physically trying. First I pitted and pureed our cherries.



Then I added some sugar and lemon zest to the puree.



Over on the other side I made whipped cream. By hand. With a whisk. I figure I got my upper body workout in with that one too. It probably took me about 15 minutes of 3-4 beats per second (with a few breaks) to get soft peaks forming in the cream.



Then I folded it all together and let it chill together for a couple hours. It was a nice light, sweet and tart dessert for an anti-summer day.



Unfortunately we didn't have enough cherries to make the caramelized cherry surprise that the recipe suggested. Maybe next summer will be better for the trees. Oh, and for all you folks anywhere is the US except here - we're hitting a balmy 71 degrees today. I think summer got called off...

1 comment: