Thursday, May 5, 2011

Back to Reality.

Life feels like it's getting increasingly busy. Busybusybusy. I'm on overtime at work now. Coupled with the commute I'm gone from the house from 7:30am until 7:30pm. I've been trying to wake up at 6am every morning to get 20 minutes of gardening in before I leave for the day. I'm starting to think I need to push that to 5:30am. I simply do not have the time to get everything done. By the time I get home, make dinner and clean up I have about 30 minutes of down time before I really should be going to bed. Combined with the fact that it's still 55 and raining outside and we are into the month of May is, well, pretty depressing.

I started all my squashes and cucrabits this morning - in the garage with an apron covering my slacks trying to squeeze in a little work with my 20 free minutes in the morning. I lamented to myself that I wished I had the whole day; there is so much work to be done in the garden.

Our vacation over the weekend was a wonderful respite. We got some sun, we got to explore a new place, sample some local brews, and daydream a little. It was nice to get out of the city for a few days. We even got to stop off in Hood River on our way back. I think I can now officially say it's my favorite town in Oregon. I was really happy to be there.

Here's a few shots from the trip:

Snow is still abundant coming over the mountain pass. The ski lifts are running. Base snow depth is still 144".




Into the high desert on the eastern side of Mt. Hood. You can see the next volcanic mountain down the way, Mt. Jefferson.




Clouds over Bend on my birthday morning run.



Barefoot running with my pooch!




Goslings in the park. They are so darn cute.




Mike in front of Smith Rock. We didn't get the chance to hike around and explore this time, but it's on our list now.




No comments:

Post a Comment