Monday, February 14, 2011

The next phase.

This was the first weekend of the gardening season. By my calendar I'm ready to sow peas, radishes, kale and spinach outside in the ground. But, based on the fact that it has been an unseasonably cold year and night-time temps are still hovering around freezing, I'm going to hold off for an extra week. We did, however, go to the store and buy some lumber to put in two new raised beds! We also bought a wheelbarrow. I felt the same buying a wheelbarrow as I did when I bought a ladder last year. This homeowner thing is real when I own my very own ladder. This gardening thing is real now that I own my very own wheelbarrow.

My onion and leek seeds have all sprouted in the window. A nice spot of green against a mostly gray backdrop. Tonight I'm adding a few more seeds to the window: broccoli, cabbage and green onions.

1 comment:

  1. That's so exciting! I can't wait until our melt. I won't hold my breath though, since I can't hold my breath for 6 weeks :/

    ReplyDelete