Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Seeds!


I baked some bread. This has been one of my intentions for several years now, which has ebbed and flowed over time, to bake my bread instead of buying it from the store. Either you spend $3-$4 on a good loaf of bread or you buy a spongy white bread that has an encyclopedia of ingredients and preservatives in it. Baking it myself makes it cheaper and healthier. Plus you get to eat bread right out of the oven.


Since my accident I have actually been baking a lot. Staying at home for almost a month really brought it out in me. Yesterday I just went with classic white bread, I got the recipe from a Martha Stewart magazine that my mom sent me. And it was pretty darn good! It has the best flavor of any white bread I have made and I am definitly going to have to make it again.



Mike made a triple-decker grilled cheese out of it. It was amazing.



Today it was sunny outside. I actually went into my yard and took off my sweater! I worked outside with short-sleeves on! It's going to break my heart when it starts raining again and I realize it's technically still winter. But, we went outside and sowed our first batch of seeds; kale, spinach and radishes. We watered it down and now we just have to sit and wait and hope the sun does it's job and wakes the little seeds up. Hooray!





2 comments:

  1. Those beds look awesome! I built some last year out of old pallettes - I'm afraid they still need more work, more attention, more dirt, more compost... I've been slack! I'm a little jealous you get to start growing already. Our season here is so short!

    ReplyDelete