Monday, February 22, 2010

Even more seeds.

So, I may have gone a little crazy with the seeds. I ended up walking across a large swath of SE Portland today and I went past The Urban Farm Store. I had tried to buy onion, broccoli and pea seeds the other day at a nursery closer to my house, but they were out of all but the broccoli. I figured I would just stop in and see if they had the onion and peas here and then order the rest of my seeds online from Uprising Seeds. I bought my first round there, and already had my wishlist for the rest of the season saved in their online store. I walk in and it turns out they actually carry Uprising Seeds there, along with several other brands that are organic or heirloom variety. So, I went to town and bought a lot of seeds. I impulse bought a lot too, which I know I'm not supposed to do. So, now I need to find some space for lettuce, cilantro, echinacea, epazote and chamomile. Plus I bought bush beans, and I told myself I would get pole beans. But they had those purple dragon ones and I really wanted them. Sigh. So, I have a lot of seeds now.



I added my two onion varieties to my starter pallet in the window. And tomorrow I need to cut up some grass along our fence and make space for peas!



2 comments:

  1. I have a seed problem too... I always want to grow EVERYTHING! :) This year I'm determined to start an Asperagus bed... we'll see if that happens. I hadn't heard of uprising seeds... great!

    ReplyDelete