Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Knitting Post.

I mentioned I have been doing a lot of knitting lately. I can knit at work when things are slow and I am there for 50 hours a week now, plus commuting time on the train to knit, plus it's cold and dark anytime I'm at home, so I knit while watching TV. Here's what I've been doing:



Rose Bud Beanie. OK, to be fair, I made this in the Spring. It just only made it to its recipient recently and got its photo taken. It was my first lacy project and it was pretty challenging to start. I think it turned out all right in the end.



Texas Sweater. I made my mom a cardigan. She's always cold, but it is still Texas, so it's a nice, light sweater if you leave it draped, or you can wrap it to make it warmer. I splurged on the yarn - it was so nice and soft! I kind of want to make one for myself now.



Hat by Request. I whipped this one up for my sister-in-law's birthday. I had been toying with cables, but this is the first finished project using them. I didn't think it was working very well the whole time it was on the needles, but once I got it off and finished and on a head - it looked great!



Sky Scarf. I posted about starting this one a couple months ago. One row a day, color dependent on the weather. As you can see we've had a surprisingly blue winter. There was that one week in there that was soppy, but we've had no rain and either clear or foggy skies for over a week now. Wacky.


Portland Fog. These were my traveling project over Thanksgiving. I had 10 hours of flying time to work on them. I finished them really quickly, despite being a more complex pattern. It was about 2 good days of knitting per hand. They are my favorite accessory now. I want to be wearing them constantly.

Phew. So, that's a lot of knitting! I didn't even realize it until I put it all in one place. I have several work-in-progress going right now too. "Not So Secret Christmas Hat", some leg warmers for those cold morning bike rides, and a cabled cowl that may or may not ever get finished. I kind of lost my gusto on that one. If you are a Raveler you can find me there as bomburdoo. Happy winter knitting y'all!

3 comments:

  1. I'm especially partial to the rosebud beanie. :) I'm starting a project with cables today. On size 1 needles. Yipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look great! Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete