Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Spring's first harvest.

Even though it's high summer for most of you, up in these parts we are just now starting to get Spring. I can't believe it's already June! The weather here is more like early April. Last week we had our first harvest of this year's veggies:
  • Two full bundles of radishes
  • Three full heads of lettuce






The center bed is simply not producing much of anything. Terrible, terrible soil management on my part. Though I read over and over again about the importance of soil quality and fertilization I've been slacking in that department. I think in the back of mind I figured I would go on what I'm doing until it doesn't work anymore. Well, it only took a year. It doesn't work anymore. Here's to some dedicated studying of soil fertility...

1 comment:

  1. our csa was supposed to start this week, and they pushed it back because of the cool weather. so weird.

    ReplyDelete