Monday, April 18, 2011

Potato Nests.

I finally got around to making the potato towers this weekend. For some reason it seemed so daunting. I had to build something, albeit a very simple something. Potato towers can range from the very simple (stacked tires) to the very complex (solid wooden structures), I've even seen plain sturdy bags for making potato towers. I went with something in between.




Four wooden stakes, with chicken wire encircling it. There is a hay edging, with compost dirt filling the middle.


As the potatoes begin to peek up through the soil and grow I will add more hay edging and cover them with dirt, until by the end of the season the tower is filled to the brim with potatoes (hopefully)!




After the 25 minutes it took me to build both towers and was pretty mad at myself. I've been putting this task off for weeks out of anxiety and it turned out to be so darn simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment