Monday, July 12, 2010

Hot!

There was a heat wave here in Portland last week. We had three or four days in a row that were in the upper-90s! It's gone now though...I was just outside in jeans and a T-shirt and was a little chilled. The heat, however, resulted in our first weather related veggie fatality. Well, at least critically wounded. The peas didn't care much for the hot, hot sun and lots of the peas shriveled up and the leaves and vines are going into the pale yellow-beige region.



It was just about time for the peas to die off anyway, so it's not really a big deal. We just lost a chunk of our last crop. I think we will have maybe one more week of fresh peas, then we have to rely on what we froze earlier in the season.


Harvested today:

  • 2 heads cauliflower
  • 2 heads broccoli
  • 1 meal worth swiss chard
  • 1 meal worth peas
  • 1 carrot


1 comment:

  1. I think you're doing so great. This year I think is my "ok give up" year until I move... There's just no sun except the leach field! Your veggies look awesome to me.

    ReplyDelete