Sunday, July 4, 2010

Broccoli Season.

Broccoli was one of the first seeds I planted inside this year. They were my first sprouts way back in late February. I planted nine broccoli starters and I transplanted all of them. And then I added a few more as direct seed once the weather warmed enough. That's great, except that means that all my broccoli are maturing at the same time. Yesterday I harvested about five heads of broccoli...and a healthy dose of peas, and some skinny little radishes, and three raspberries, and one strawberry.




I also made homemade corn tortillas for the first time. They were so easy! Corn flour + water = dough. Roll into balls, press, grill for 30 seconds. Done.




We ended up having broccoli enchiladas for dinner last night. Tortillas are going onto the “Never Buy at the Grocery Store (unless in a pinch)” list along with bread and English Muffins. The next will be bagels.

1 comment:

  1. Those peas look delicious. And those tortillas? Man, I need to learn to do that! You make this all look so easy! Maybe it is...

    ReplyDelete